Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Simple Swirls Watercolor

Simple Swirls has pretty little flowers that are so cute! But, what's great is that they're even easier to color with the Peerless Watercolors! We carry the 40 color 2X2 pack. The colors are so vibrant and wonderful. And, so easy to use!

One note is that it's important to use watercolor paper as regular cardstock can warp and tear when water is added.
Here is how I use my peerless watercolors. I cut each of the 2X2 squares into quarters and then assembled one set of the quarters on a sheet of 9X12 Bristol paper (a watercolor paper that we also carry). I just used a glue dot to stick each color down in order from left to right, top to bottom. I did the left and then the right. When I was finished gluing down the pieces, I used the waterbrush (below) to put a swoosh of color under each square.

I also put a piece of acetate that stays between the colors when it is folded shut so if any of the colors are still wet, they won't blend into each other.

So...What's so great about these watercolors?
  • easy to use
  • easily portable (you're basically just carrying around a folded piece of cardstock and you have a myriad of colors at your disposal!!)
  • they last a long time (I've used these at four classes so far and have done some personal watercoloring and am still on my first quarter of the pack. this will vary, of course, based on your level of coloring but I find that a little dab of color will do ya. ;) )
  • they're fun! (they make me feel like an artist!)
  • very economical method of coloring
  • easy to make backgrounds and color images
  • and so much more!! 
I hope you'll give the watercolors a try as they're super fun!

I forgot to take a picture of the inside but I used a smaller matching flower on the inside and just shaded the outline with tombow markers that matched the watercolors used. I didn't watercolor inside as regular cardstock doesn't stand up well to watercoloring.

Simple Swirls Notecard
Stamps: Simple Swirls
Cardstock: Bristol Paper Pad, Onyx Shimmer, Bermuda
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Emboss: Onyx Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
Other: 3D Foam, Peerless watercolors, Tombow markers, water brush


Have a wonderfully creative day!

No comments: