Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

Hello Map - A Unique Blog Hop

Welcome to a continuation of the Unique Blog Hop. I was tagged by the fabulous Carol Norby and be sure to click her name to see her post. I am excited to share a little bit about my stamping style with you through questions that are part of the hop. So, here we go!

1. What am I working on? I am teaching my card class in two locations over the next week so I'm working on cutting card parts for each of the projects. I usually teach four cards and a bonus project. I'm also working on my monthly newsletter and I've started on some projects for the upcoming craft fair season. :) Here's one of the cards we made in last month's class. The idea came straight from the A Muse Studio design team. I normally design my own cards but loved this idea. I changed up the colors and used a different background stamp but the overall design is the same.

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre? Gosh. I'm not sure that it does. I just try to design cards that I would use. I don't make a lot that are just cards for cards sake. I love those but just am never sure how to use them. Instead, I make birthday, sympathy, thinking of you, friendship, get well, etc. Cards that have a purpose. And, I stamp inside of my cards. Sometimes it's just a sentiment like the inside for the card above:

But sometimes the inside is decorated almost as much as the outside. Haven't you spent hours in the store looking for that card that has the perfect thing inside and out. That's what I do for myself.

 3. Why do I write/create what I do? I've always done creative things from crafting to the performance arts. Guess I just need lots of attention. lol! When I was little I learned how to hand-quilt from my mom and my grammie. I spent hours at the quilt. As I got older, I branched out into latch hook, embroidery and cross-stitch. When I got my first job, I got a heat gun and pretty much anything that didn't move got glued together. I have maintained quilting and have done some piecing. I did learn how to sew but get too frustrated having to do clothes and tearing out and re-sewing. So, I've done craft sewing - animals, dolls, etc. But, as I have gotten more and more into papercrafts, my sewing and quilting has been pushed to the back burner. I will find more balance one of these days. :)

4. How does your writing/creative process work? I write down ideas and then go to the craft table and usually end up with something different. Sometimes I just go push paper together and stamp and play and see what ends up. Sometimes I start with an idea I've seen and play around with it. When I'm stuck, I like to pull out a sketch and see if I can make something with a card sketch. Usually that starts the creative juices flowing. Sadly, I'm a procrastinator so usually the most creative things come out of the last minute creative rush. But, I'm trying to re-train my brain to become more organized and productive in advance. We'll see how that goes. lol!

I'm tagging the fabulous Laura Roell and she will post next Monday, September 8th! Laura is so creative and so kind and so funny! She is a demo with A Muse Studio and I've had the great pleasure to meet her in person at our National Conference. What a great person! I hope you'll visit her blog next week to learn more about her creative style. :)  Oh and Laura and I showed up at NatCon with almost the same exact trades. Great minds! :) Laura's is the amazing pocket card on top and mine is the one laying flat. Fun stuff!

I've actually had trouble finding others to play along with this blog hop so if you'd like to play, e-mail me and I'll link you in. :) One even compared it to a chain letter. I guess it could be but I just see it as a way to share the creative process and learn more about our fellow crafters as well as connect to others who enjoy sharing their creativity.

So, thanks Carol, for the tag in this blog hop and I hope you've all enjoyed the info.


Have a wonderfully creative day! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you told of your past crafting! Great answers and fabulous projects!

Glittered Paws said...

Loved reading more about you this has been a fun blog hop - I always enjoy visiting your blog - and ok "case" a few here and there too!!! Love the map with hello - another to add to my list to make.

Glittered Paws said...

Loved reading more about you this has been a fun blog hop - I always enjoy visiting your blog - and ok "case" a few here and there too!!! Love the map with hello - another to add to my list to make.